Food Shenanigans

Well, this post was going to be about how I made all these awesome meals for my husband to have while I was away.  But I realized, the man will get home around 11 PM each night, except the night I come home, and he's not going to want to screw around with defrosting or more likely, not having defrosted anything for dinner.

So I went the easy route and got him Hungry Man dinners, and some chicken pot pies from Marie Callendar's.

He'll be happy, and he'll be so happy he makes something marvelous for dinner on Sunday to welcome his beautiful loving wife home.

That said, I thought instead I'd share a recipe that helped me out tremendously.  Being Latina, tortillas were of course something that we ate.  My problem was that, growing up, we ate the store bought variety.  Mission Tortillas all around.  We never were taught how to MAKE our own tortillas.

Fast Forward to me married and having trouble making ends meet, and of course wanting to have some damn tortillas.  I went searching on the interwebs and ended up finding a great recipe that included things I already had on hand in my pantry (The pantry, something else I never knew about growing up!).

It's from the Hillbilly Housewife website.  I especially love this website because they had emergency lists where it gave you a few things to buy, spending either $45 or $70, and recipes to make meals to feed your family three meals a day for like a week!  This was extremely helpful to me more than a few times.

Now, the recipe.  I won't copy it here, but here's the link for the recipe itself.  While you're there, take a look around, there are a LOT of other great recipes on the website, and convenience food hacks to make healthier snacks for your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment