Welcome

Welcome back!

I have had a blogger blog for awhile, but deleted all of them thinking I didn't have anything to say and blah, blah, blah.

But I do have somethings to say, and I need a place to say them, most especially now, because my kids will be out of town for a few weeks, and my husband certainly doesn't want to hear me not shut up the entire time the kids are gone!

So here's the deal.  This blog will be to showcase my crafts, where I find inspiration for crafts, my completed crochet and knit projects, and whatever sort of shenanigans might be gotten up to around my house.  After all, the kids won't be gone forever.

We have a lot of stuff going on here, and it all starts tomorrow!

Tomorrow my oldest boy will graduate from Junior High!  It's going to be great and I solemnly vow to try to not slobber cry all over anyone that sits near me when he walks across whatever stage they're putting up.

Then, Thursday, the kids and I are heading up to California!  We've done this before, last year in fact, but in reverse...I drove up to my mom's house to pick the kids up to bring them home.  I cried for DAYS before leaving, because that was my biggest solo road trip ever.  I promised myself I'd never do it again, and here I am, doing it again!  This time will be better.  We're leaving on Thursday and I'm staying up there until Sunday, so I'm not turning right around and not having any sleep.  Hopefully, there won't be any thinking about stopping and throwing myself in traffic a mere hour from home like last time.  That was crazy!

I'm also finishing up some baby blankets to give to my nephews that were born a few months ago, and a special birthday present from my other nephew who turned one.  This all happened in January of this year...Which solidifies the idea that we're all family- all of our first born kids were born in January.  Very, very odd.  Sure, I did it first and set the bar, and the younger kids are following in my awesome footsteps.

So those will show up next on the blog, as I'm almost halfway done with the last blanket.  For now, here's this awesome blanket I sort of finished yesterday.  Or maybe the day before.  I say sort of finished it because I still have to weave in the ends.  It's made with Lion Brand Home Town USA, which is a super bulky yarn.   A Number 6 on the weight scale thingy.  I used A LOT of yarn for this, and ended up with most of one skein of Color A (Los Angeles Tan), almost nothing of the last ball of Color B (Cincinnati Red), and an entire ball of Color C (Syracuse Orange) left over.  It's very nice and so far measures around 53" square.  I got the pattern from Issue 11 of Crochet 1-2-3, and it's by Marilyn Losee. The magazine is available at Wal-Marts for $3.99.  The pattern calls for 16 balls of Bernat Softee Chunky (8 balls color A, 4 each of colors B and C).  I chose Hometown USA because each ball weighed more, which was sort of dumb, because while it weighs more, there's more yardage in the Bernat Softee Chunky skeins (Does that even make sense?)  Anyways, here it is,


No comments:

Post a Comment