What the What??

So, things have been more than a little crazy around here!

We went to get our kids back from their grandparents in California, and my husband's work schedule has changed once again.

Now, we're gearing up for the kids return to school and that means...High School.

Yep, my oldest is starting his freshman year in about 8 days!

Tomorrow starts all the fun with going to the high school and paying all his school fees and getting his schedule.  Probably not in that order since the fees depend on the schedule.  Thursday is meet the teacher night for the middle schoolers and then Friday is Freshman Orientation, which is an all day thing and (Thank God) the school buses will be picking them up and bringing them home.

My daughter and I have been watching Blossom on the HUB TV network.  She had a such a good time watching the first two episodes, we've set all episodes to record.  Sadly, we haven't had time to sit and watch the others that have come on and we now have a back log for tomorrow and Tuesday.

I have also been on a crochet tear.  I made a never-ending granny square blanket for my step dad's birthday.  It's passed and all that already, but I haven't sent it yet.  I'm terrible like that.  I made my sister a wrap for her birthday two years ago and just gave it to her in May.  I also gave my mom a bunch of stuff I made for her over the last few years too.

I'll get pictures up as soon as I am able.  I have been tasked with making  a wrap for my godmother and today I purchased 6 balls of Stellar Yarn by Red Heart.  It's pretty awesome looking stuff.  My sister chose it, but I finally got a chance to go buy it today, with lots of Coupon Commotion coupons from Joann's.  6 balls, 6 coupons.  I saved almost $14.  They should be very glad I didn't have any percent off coupons left.

In the meantime, I am trying to recreate the Shaded Blanket from Lion Brand Yarn in Minnesota Vikings colors, which just seems like a terrible idea to me, BUT it's for my Father in Law, who is about the only person in the family I haven't made something for.  I am doing four rows in purple and four rows in gold, with two rows of white between color changes.  It looks nice so far, but that single crochet over and over again makes my hands hurt.

I am also making a Go Team Throw from Red Heart Yarns.  I am using Team Spirit yarn in Navy/Orange so we can use it for football for the Chicago Bears or for when my son goes to school games, since the colors are the same.  I'm sure I'll have to make another in blue and white for the middle school and I might to donate to one of the functions the school has during the year.

Anyways, that's what's up with me.  With the new schedules, I'll have lots of time to post things on here, and as soon as I find my camera and take pictures of stuff, things will be very picture heavy around here.  For now, I hope you are all enjoying the summer and that you're all crafting up a storm!


No comments:

Post a Comment