Ah, Sunday

Yesterday was Sunday.  Sundays in this house mean football!

THE game was the Bears vs. Packers game, which my husband was so excited about, he kept waking himself up calling plays.  He said he was hearing outside noise in his sleep and thinking, "OK well, X just happened" kind of stuff.  So, he slept around 3 hours, instead of his usual seven hours.

I came home from work and he sheepishly hugged me when I walked in, explaining what had happened.  I already knew the score of the game, and he was almost halfway through and it looked bad already.

I sat quietly, making a game plan about all the hats I'm making for the holidays, and trying to sort out whether or not I was going to participate in Jimmy Beans Wool's newest Mystery Knit-a-Long.  It's a Once Upon A Time knit, and only $3.50 for the pattern.  There are just a few things I need, and I'll probably get those today on my way home from work.

I picked up an extra day today, as sort of support because of a doctor's appointment.  I'm thinking of myself as the getaway driver, even though I'm not really driving.  The extra day gives us a little cushion and makes it possible for me to get the few things I need, like DPNs.  I realized today that I don't have a size 6 set of DPNs, OR a size 6 circular (16" size).  I also don't have the size 7 circular that's large enough, though I'm considering using a size 8 circular just so I dont' HAVE to buy a size 7.  But let's be honest, I am going to buy the size 7.  I am going to try and work on this project on Sundays while I watch with the kiddies.

That way I can work on the other stuff like hats.  I started my Arizona Yarn & Fiber KAL project yesterday.  Twice.  I wasn't paying attention and went and skipped the first six rows.  I felt silly, because that's a 100 stitch cast on and I screwed it up.

My hat count keeps changing and thinking about making one hat in particular makes me sad, but I think I have to do it.  It's like a message from beyond.  I'll explain later.  Tomorrow I'll post pictures of stuff I've been working on the last few days and tell you some funny stories about my brain acting weird.

Enjoy the start of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment