Shawl Craziness


Have you ever had a day or a couple of days where one thing sort of led to another and another and so on?  This past week has been a very awesome sort of knitting thing like that.

See, what happened was, for some reason, I decided I needed to knit the Easy Hipster Slouch Hat immediately.  Well, honestly, I wanted to use my Cascade Casablanca in Teals to make the E.H.S.H. (Which I finished in two days and ended up breaking the yarn just as I  was about to make the knot after the finish.  I cried, but I ended up getting it done, but I digress).

That required some stash diving because it wasn't where I thought it was.  While I was stash diving I came upon two full skeins of Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in the Petunia colorway.

That lead to me looking for a shawl pattern and remembering that I had the 22.5 degrees pattern by Martina Behm.

THAT lead me to remember that the Knitmore Girls were doing a BEHM-Along in their Ravelry group.

THAT lead me to remember that I had been wanting to get the Hitchhiker pattern and the Trillian pattern, both by Martina Behm.

THAT lead me to remember that I wanted to read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Which is odd, because my nephew offered me his copy of HGTTG the next day.

So, I'm all excited about doing the shawls and reading the book and I got everything all downloaded and wound up and the needles set aside.

Then,I found out that the Geeky Girls Knit Podcast was having a summertime KAL in their Ravelry Group that starts on Monday June 1.

So, I'm waiting to start on those.  I am however, halfway through with one skein of yarn on the 22.5 degrees shawl and continually reminding myself to NOT START THOSE SHAWLS!!

It's summer vacation here, so the kids are here ALL THE TIME now.  The best part is that they aren't getting up before 6 am! I sat down here for almost 2 hours ALONE.  A miracle!  I went to shower and get dressed and came downstairs to my daughter sitting at the table with a paper towel that looked like she was using it as a place-mat and a utensil.  I figured she was waiting for my her bagel to finish toasting.  She wasn't. She had finished already.

I gave her my list of chores for the day (to help combat them sitting and playing X-Box all day).  It's just a few extra things over what they would normally do.  I was surprised to find that it did get done.

I was also surprised to find that I wasn't going to have to run to the store.  This is something that happens occasionally on days when my husband is cooking.  Today I wasn't surprised about that.  Generally, the days that he cook require at least 24 hours of preparation.  Also, it occasionally requires a little day drinking by me.  Because damn.  He gets pissy, sometimes.

Today, I think he just got dehydrated.  It was around 105 degrees in the area, so even though he was drinking a lot of water all day (his words), it's a high possibility.

OK, so it is now the next day, and I'm probably more of a real person than I was last night, so I'm going to finish this off with what I've been watching while I sit around knitting.

The one show I've been watching most is Gilmore Girls on Netflix.  I sort of feel disappointed in myself because I had determined that Gilmore Girls could go take a long walk off a short pier, but I just skipped that episode (where they ran away and went to Harvard), and it sort of plays in the background.  As of right now, I'd have to look up which season/episode I am on.  But I think I might be in season 3.

The regulars Game of Thrones (hooray for Cersei being jail! I did a happy dance!) and Outlander (More Scottish man ass than anyone could wish for!) are almost over-in fact, I think Outlander ended last night if I'm not mistaken. We'll watch that tomorrow.

As far as podcasts go...I will admit, I have fallen short here on that one.  I am regularly watching The Geeky Girls Knit podcast with C.C. and Damaris.  I'm back to watching In a Sknit (they're on Episode 39- We're Baaaaaack! and playing in the other tab of this window right now).  Since I'm up 'before God'* most days, I think I'll just watch/listen to a different one each morning and use the Gilmore Girls as a silencer for when the kids (a.k.a. The Husband and the Teens) are murdering each other on The XBOX.  I did that a few days ago and man, I got through a LOT. At least it felt like it.

Anyway, there are more podcasts I want to watch/listen to.  I just haven't been so I don't remember which ones I watched.  I guess I'll have to actually log in to YouTube so I can see my subscriptions.

What we're looking forward to watching this summer is Us smacking all the mosquitos that kill us when we think about going into the back yard.  Also, as far as TV/whatevs:  The Last Ship, with Eric Dane and Adam Baldwin in Navy uniforms.  Nothing else matters.  That is what is important about that show.

Also, Falling Skies!  I'm so excited for it to come back!  And so glad that they didn't just end it with that season ender, cause WOW!

Well, that's a lot of stuff, and I have promised my husband a hearty breakfast apparently when he gets home from work this morning, so I should go and hem and haw about that. I hope the weekend has been a good one for you, and that your week is absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment