Ermagerd!

OK, check out my ticker at the bottom of the page!  Did ya see?  Did ya see?

I finished my Go Team Throw last night and entered the meterage.  Each ball of Red Heart Team Spirit is 223 meters and I used six for a total of 1,338 meters.  I am now 488.3 meters from crossing my 3,000 meter finish line in Stash Dash.

See, when I found out about Stash Dash, I didn't fully understand that WIPs counted towards meterage, and I figured I MIGHT be able to start enough stuff to make it to 3,000 meters by the end of the run.

It wasn't until I had already committed to 3K that I realized that I easily could have made it past 3K and possibly even 5K.  I have a bunch of socks to finish, a pair of which will bring me VERY close to finish line, because I will have used over 1 skein of Cascade 220 (it took half of it and a 2.5 inch cuff in a contrasting color to make it the height he wanted, which is basically a knee sock on my legs). Then socks for my niece and daughter.

So, here's my list of current WiPs:

Malt by Tin Can Knits
4x2 ribbed forever knitting woolen man socks
Flax for Men (oooh, that's a clever name for the sweater project!)
Hitchhiker
Hermione's Everyday Socks
Souffle Girl Socks
Baby Diamonds Blanket (which I don't wanna any more!  Who would want to sew all those damn squares together!  And who the hell thought it was a good idea to start the damn thing??)
A Corner to Corner throw, which I might just end up tossing.  I think I might want to let that one go and use the yarn to make the Monkey Jacobus pattern.  I will decide on Tuesday when I'm at the LYS

OOOOH and the 3 hour sweater.  I forgot about that.  I'm still working on the ribbing on the back side of the sweater.  The Go Team Throw was so close to finishing yesterday when I left for work, that is all I wanted to do when I got home.  I finished it, and I didn't have to pull any back to the end of the last row, which I normally have to do when I'm working on a project until the yarn is gone.

I'm also going to start up a sweater for me, but I think I Might wait until I'm done with the man sweater and the baby diamonds blanket.  I have about 3 more squares to make and then I have to put them all together and do an edging.

I'm thinking about leaving the Malt set aside at least until these man socks are finished.  I am also, probably very stupidly, considering trying to make sweaters for EVERYONE in the house.  Mine would be last, of course, but I have enough to make at least one other man sweater in acrylic (because the boys would wash a wool sweater and shrink it up), the daughter's sweater, whichever one that might be, and I could probably rustle up enough stash yarn to make another man sweater for the other boy.

I filled up my loyalty card at my LYS when I paid for my registration (TWO STAMPS!) for the spinning class, so that's 15% off. I would just need to figure out which yarn I would use.  I have two balls of Cascade 220 in a purple that haven't been used yet and I also have a skein of Cascade 220 in Cobalt Heather.  I am leaning more towards the Cobalt, simply because I love blue and this one is wonderfully soft.  So, the two sweaters I want to make would require about 1400-1700 yards of yarn, so I'd need a lot more.

That's all my crafty news, and there isn't much more to talk about.  I might be quiet for a few days, simply because I'm working and knitting/crocheting on stuff, but I'll definitely let y'all know about my spinning class.  First 2 hour class is on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend, and happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment