The Show Grows

Here's the show notes for my first video podcast!

I will get better, I promise!



WiPs:

Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder, size US1 Chiaogoo circular needles (I got mine at Tuesday Morning for $2.49), yarn is Patons Kroy Socks in Bramble Stripes colorway


Worsted Weight Tube Socks, by Kathleen Taylor in the Big Book of Socks (I used the Hand Knit Socks book by Threads that has the same patterns but doesn't show them as in the book in Ravelry) size US 5 Addi Turbos (I think) in Patons Classic Wool Worsted Forest colorway.

Socks on a Plane by Laura Linneman, aka LalaKnits on Ravelry, size US 1.5 Deborah Norville circular needles (purchased at Tuesday Morning for $3.49) in Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Yarn in the Violas colorway.

Campside Shawl by Alicia Plummer, size US 6 Knitter's Pride Dreamz ciruclar needles, in Cascade Cherub DK in the Ruby Colorway. This is part of the PlumDandi Ravelry Group Campside KAL that's going on right now

$5 in Paris by Anna Maliszewski, Size US 7 and 8 Clover Takumi bamboo circular needles, and knit in Caron Simply Soft Black and Neon Green Colorways

Flax by Tincan Knits, Size US 6 and 8 Clover Takumi bamboo circular needles in Patons Classic Wool Worsted in the Navy colorway.

Sewing Projects:

The Van Gogh bags were made with:

Keepsake Calico Fabric in The Starry Night Print
Fabric Quarters Fat Quarter in Green
Fabric Quarters Fat Quarter in Yellow Dot print (I cannot find a link online for the specific print)
Pellon lightweight interfacing
Attempted to make it a drawstring bag using the instructions found at the pattern linked below.

The Drawstring bag was made with:

Basic instructions from this pattern for the Lined Drawstring Bag tutorial found on In Color Order
Two Fabric Quarter Fat Quarters in blue and turquoise
a needle
thread
later, bottom was squared off with a sewing machine using the instructions in the linked pattern.

Red Paris bag was made with:
Red Paris Print from Waverly  Fabrics  purchased at Walmart (lots of different colors were available at my Walmart store; blue, green, purple, yellow)
Red Dot Print from Waverly Fabrics purchased at Walmart

My T-shirt bag was made using this tutorial I found on Pinterest. I didn't use the hand stamped idea, because I used old t-shirts with characters on them. For closing the bottom, I used a small safety pin and a length of mason cord purchased at Home Depot.

Then I modified the pattern in the tutorial slightly, when I made my bag out of my old tank top.  I just sewed the bottom closed, and squared it off, and am repairing the tear in the strap.

If you'd like to follow me on social media, please find me on:

Facebook
Ravelry
Instagram













No comments:

Post a Comment