All The Crafty Things Video Podcast Episode 3: Take 4


The week has been wrought with disasters.

OK that's OVERLY dramatic.  It's normal around here.  Get used to it.

I recorded a total of 5 videos on the day I did this.  3 were 20 minutes or longer, the fourth one was a test for sound.  Because that was the problem-no sound.

OK, Let's get into it!





FOs

Box Pouch by Melanie Ham
Box Pouch Tutorial by The Plaid Scottie

This was fun!  The tutorials were great.  I used the video to start, and then the written tutorial with pictures for a different perspective if I was finding myself getting stuck.

Consensus:  My sewing skills lack.  That's it...I've gotten better at sewing straight (a little) but the zippers kicked my ass.

Drawstring bag:

I just did the same pattern I did a few bags ago, except this time, I actually put the drawstring in! Two layers of Fabric, no interfacing.  Paracord for the drawstring.


WiPs:

$5 in Paris...I've named it the Slightly More than $5 in Arizona, simply because it cost about $3 for each skein of yarn and I think in the end it'll be 4 total skeins (thought I probably won't use all 4 for the sweater, and there'll be a hat to go with it.  Once I get going on the actual stripes, it'll be  something like 10 stripes of black and 2-4 stripes of the green per my daughter's request). Yarn is Caron Simply Soft in black and neon green.

Hitchhiker by Martina Behm.  Knit in Gherkin's Bucket Spring Step Sock in the Dream Coat colorway

Sock yarn Patchwork Blanket...I don't have a Ravelry page for it right now, but I've had those 3 squares knit like that for a LONG time, and I just keep adding leftover sock yarn skeins to it, instead of doing something with them!

Tree People Beanie by Vickie Howell. It's from the Fall Issue of Knit Simple Magazine and is knit with Paton's Classic Wool Worsted in the Plum Heather colorway. Pictures are forth coming-I'm nearly done with it!

Flax for Men by Tin Can Knits.  Knit with Patons Classic Wool Worsted in the Navy colorway on US 6 and 8 circular needles.  I am about 1/4" from casting off the bottom of the body.

Souffle Girl Socks, or the sorely ignored socks I started knitting and put aside to knit just about anything else.  Or you could just call them the forgotten socks, since that's what happened.  Knit with Deborah Norville Serenity Sock yarn in the Aquamarine colorway.


New Acquisitions:

Last in Line Shop Dairy Land bag... I LOVE IT!
Colinette Jitterbug yarn in Color 132 Fruit Coulis

Clover Wonder Clips

Summer Fun Plastic Bucket from the Dollar Tree

Fabric Stax from the sewing section in Walmart (because my last trip to JoAnn's resulted in the total being over $120 before coupons)


An Update since the Video:

My YarnBox Package arrived safely in a tube and it's pretty freaking awesome!



Movies:  I FINALLY watched Dark Places.  It's available for viewing for money on Directv.  Until it was released in theaters, it was $12.99 for a 3 day rental.  Once it came out in theaters, the price dropped to $7.99 for a 3 day rental, so I took advantage of it.  Only 3 theaters in the valley are showing it and all of them are quite a distance away, and there was no way I was going to be able to time things so I wouldn't be either hanging out in Phoenix for hours or getting home extremely late. I had been hoping it would have been showing in our local Harkins Theater, so I could go hang out by myself, but of course not.  I'll have to go hang out there alone for some other movie.  I am glad I didn't pay $12.99 for the movie, but it wasn't terrible even though Charlize Theron is tall and has no boobs which is the opposite of what Libby Day is described as in the book.

I don't even know why I bother to talk about TV, I don't pay attention to what's on the TV when it's on.  I put it on when I'm bored and alone in the house.  It's a terrible friend.


As a note here, since this is the end..My computer battery has been threatening to die on me for MONTHS.  It finally did the day I recorded this.  It barely got processed and loaded onto YouTube before the computer went kaput.  I was able to turn it on ONCE for a brief time later that day, but I have had no luck since.  I have placed an order for a new one, and it SHOULD be here tomorrow, but my record with the postal service is bad lately.  So we'll hope for the best and expect the worst.  Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment