Fastest in the West

In the grandest tradition of procrastinators everywhere, I have been putting off finishing some stuff. I would keep saying to myself, "Oh, I have time!"  Last night I realized I had about 16 hours.

In the last few days, I've finished two hats (a combination watch cap/regular guy beanie in Cascade 220 Superwash Orange and a Barley hat in Patons Classic Wool in Navy). Since we haven't regularly had internet, I noticed today that I never made a project page for either hat (until right now). The watch cap was started a while ago, but since I'm really good at starting new projects, I kept putting it off.  PLUS, I wasn't exactly overly jazzed about the 6 inches of ribbing.

What I did was about 4 inches of ribbing-so it could be folded for extra ear padding, and then just knit until it reached the length I needed, then did the decreases as called for in the watch cap pattern.

The Barley hat, I did a larger than called for brim, and made the hat about 9 inches long before starting the decreases. I actually JUST weaved in the ends.

Now all that's left for me today is to wait until the appointed time and pack up the car and go meet my husband and his friend to deliver his bags and then come home. Where I'll have two whole days during the week all to myself.  I won't have to wake up at 3 am and don't have to worry about driving back into town to pick anyone up until Thursday afternoon.

Since I have so little to do today before I have to leave, my plan is to try and finish the last wool sock I have on the needles and sneak it into the bag so he'll find it later. His other socks got washed, and because it was cold in the house on top of being cold outside, I decided that a few minutes in the dryer wouldn't hurt and then proceeded to forget about the dang socks.  So one pair is now really messed up and the other pair just seems a little more fluffy, at least to my hands anyway.

When I get bored with that, I have to go out and clean out the car a little. It's a hot hot mess.  It looks like we went on a long road trip with the kids, except that we haven't and it hasn't been cleaned out for months.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get one thing done.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment