Considering

I've been thinking..

A dangerous pasttime.

I know.

Sorry!  Every time I say I've been thinking, in my head, I start singing the Gaston song from Beauty and the Beast.

Since I haven't been able to login regularly, because of the internet situation out here, I was blogging in Microsoft Word. There's a whole thing where you can compose blog posts and then hook up to the interwebs and put them online.

So I had about 10 posts that I had done, including one where I made Ree Drummond's Perfect Potato Soup and instead of pepper I started seasoning it with cinnamon. It was lovely!  I managed to save the soup, and it had an extra little flavor to it.

Then, I got this wonderful idea to get Windows 10 the hell off of my computer and go back to warmth and comfort of the very familiar Windows 7 Professional.

And I screwed everything up.  I ended up deleting all the files and basically setting the computer back to day 1 of Windows 10...Because it kept telling me that my back up discs weren't working or were blank.  Which is BS because I've used them before.

Anyway... We're still stuck in this abyss where the phone company doesn't want to spend the money to upgrade their stuff to be able to bring the internet to all of their customers, and the satellite company offers what amounts to a pittance of MB in a home where there are three teenagers with smart phones.

So what I've been doing is this. I set up my new cellphone as a mobile hotspot. Can you believe that I had it set up and my daughter, who gets 6 GB of high speed internet on her phone had the audacity to ask me for the password to my hotspot so she could go online on the home pc?  This, folks, is 14.

Now, I've reopened up my Etsy shop. There are currently stitch markers and a pattern up for sale. The pattern came from an idea I got during the Geeky Girls Knit Gilmore Girls KAL. I saw a picture of Lorelai with a grey hat on and while I couldn't clearly see the hat, and have no idea which episode or season it was from, I decided I'd make this hat. It's mostly purls and slipped knit stitches, but it's pretty cool.

While we're on that subject, I'm going to be working on different sizes of the hat and also re-working the knitted wrist warmer pattern, for dpns or magic loop, so there won't be any sewing at the end.

So, lets talk crafty stuff!

I've been participating in lots of KALs and CALs and in fact am in the midst of a big one right now. It's the Mystery Blanket K/CAL with Joann Fabrics and Crafts and Bernat Yarns.  It's a lot of fun. We're in week 2 now, and seriously I've only done one pattern repeat.

Because of course I'm sick!  It has really messed up my week, and I've only been down for 2 days.

Also, I'm participating in the Expression Fiber Arts K/CAL on their Ravelry group. It's been lots of fun. I did one crochet hat and one knit hat.  I'm working on my second crochet hat as part of a gift for someone. If you're not a member, you should go join.  EFA has some lovely looking yarns for sale.  The kind that just want to make you say, "Shut up and take my money!"

Tuesday, October 18 starts another great K/CAL with Melody's Makings Jennika! It's looking to be a great time for everyone.  We're all very excited to start and sharing pictures of which yarns we'll be using on the Melody's Makings Facebook group.

This week, before the sickness knocked my on my rear, I finally was able to make it out to visit my closest local yarn shop, The Yarn Garden.  It's a lovely little shop with some great yarns at great prices.  I walked out with two balls of Berlini Merino Velvet Sock yarn, which is SOOO soft. I also picked up some Berlini Palisades, which is a DK weight yarn, and a ball of Ice Yarns Pure Alpaca, which is also a DK weight yarn.  Honestly, though, they both look sort of heavy to me.  That may just be because I want them to be worsted... or because the project I'm going to use them for calls for worsted and I'm all, who cares! I want the hat in these colors, dammit!

This is getting long, and since I'm sure one of the kids at least will be up soon, because that's how it is, I'm going to go.

I'll be charging the batteries in my camera and begin posting photos with projects and things, but keep an eye out, because I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment