The Weekend

Finally, it's Saturday.

That doesn't make much difference around here.  All we're doing at home is cleaning up so we can go out and get more wood for the wood stove this winter. So it's chores, chores, chores.

Add into that having to go into town twice at two different times of day-so I can't just do both errands at once, and you've got a helluva day.  The best thing is, it's Saturday, so traffic isn't horrendous.

And I'm doing super duper adult type things, like paying the mortgage and stuff.  Whooo. Hoo.

Craftwise, I'm sitting here working on a Classic Cuffed Hat, by Purl Soho. I'm using Patons Classic Wool Worsted in Vibrant Orange. Currently doing the ribbing so I'm on size US 5, 3.75mm needles, getting close to switching to size US 8, 5 mm.

Just as I was ready to cast on for a Flax Sweater, I remembered that NaKniSweMo starts on Tuesday. So I put that aside for now, even though I'm on a deadline-I hope it'll help me get it done by the time I need to, since it's going to be worn starting on December 10-ish.

My pattern currently in testing is just about ready for release. If I'm correct, I might be able to get it released on Halloween- a whole day earlier than planned.

I had an awesome moss stitch hat pattern that I was working on, but I lost my place doing the decreases so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it out for release like I want to.

I am also working on a cowl, which SHOULD be ready for testing soon, plus matching mitts, which will be my first pattern with a gusset.  They're going to be part of an e-book set of three patterns.

In real life stuff, like I said, we're stocking up on wood for the winter, and working on other things around the house.  Like trying to get rid of this darn mouse that's evading all the traps we set.  Seriously, I was using the bathroom this morning and it skittered across the room next to the toilet.  Hello!  Good morning!

Soon, my daughter will be 15 (yay!), we've gotten her some pretty cool presents that she'll love.  On top of that on the same day is my 20th wedding anniversary!  I can't believe it.  It doesn't seem like it's been that long, but at the same time, it feels like we've been married forever.

Also, I've been thrift store shopping with my friend.  I was able to get some comic books and a hardcover copy of E.M. Nathanson's The Dirty Dozen for $1.50.  These will make great Christmas presents for the boys. My daughter will get leggings. But none of those LulaRoe leggings...I just cannot.  Really cannot.  As much as I would love leggings with those designs, I cannot see paying over $20 for leggings when I can buy leggings at Wal-Mart for less than $4.

Alright kids, I have about 1.5" of ribbing to do before I can just knit, knit, knit this hat into being finished.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment