The last few days have been crazy.

The day before yesterday was full of shopping for Christmas presents and wrapping some of them.

Yesterday was full of weather!  We woke up to howling winds. Now, when it's that windy, the fact that it is over 50 degrees doesn't matter.  I put my hair up in a bun and by the time I was picking up my husband in the afternoon it looked more like a really sloppy ponytail.

Now it's raining and windy. It's actually below 40 degrees out now so it is getting really cold. And with the clouds outside, it's still dark out even at almost 7 am.

A few days ago, we saw a commercial for a show about the Civil War. My 15 year old son said he really wanted to watch it. So I told him I'd record it for him. Then he reminded me that we don't have that channel anymore.  He really likes to watch shows like this, and rarely speaks up about wanting to watch specific shows, so I went and bumped up our satellite package.

In order to get that channel, I had to go up 3 packages.  The thing is, I was watching a show on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries when I did this, and I knew the package had officially gotten changed when the screen went blank and then let me know I was not subscribed to this channel. Immediately I went and checked to see if I really didn't have that channel anymore and of course you get that channel in the lowest package, but they remove it in the next two  packages and don't put it back for another 2 packages.  And I'm not going to spend over $300 a month just so I can watch sappy ass Christmas movies and mystery movies. 

Well, the show comes on today. And I upgraded the package a few days ago. Since then, my husband has enjoyed having that channel back in our line up and is driving me bonkers watching shows about World War II. Which isn't bad, but sometimes it feels like they're on for hours.

Still, I sit and crochet or knit. I'm still working on the Crochet Plaid Slouchy Hat. I should finish the hat today, but I'm not sure about the puff on top. I'm terrible at making them by hand and my pom makers are way too small. Hopefully I'll be able to find a large or extra large maker while we're out today.

While we're out, I'll be waiting to hear back about some jobs, remembering that I can't buy presents for the kids because they'll be with me and probably thinking of things that will never be finished by Christmas...Because Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment