Things We Do

So, we're about 9 days from Christmas.

And of course, I only JUST started shopping in earnest.  Sure, through the year I've been making purchases, but now it's getting down to the wire with finishing up and buying gifts for friend's kids. Which I managed to do yesterday.

My husband and son went hunting at the beginning of the month. Both came back empty handed, and a few pounds lighter. While they were gone, I took advantage of the fact that my husband wouldn't be underfoot and cleaned out the closet.

There were MANY hand knit or crocheted items that have never been used or worn.  I decided to put these up for sale.  Some have sold, one generated interest in something else.

There are four slouchy hats, Waffle Stitch Slouchy hats, I think.  They're made with Lion Brand Hometown USA or Wool Ease Thick and Quick, and while there's a lot of open work, it keeps your head pretty warm.

Well, a lady asked if instead of those, I could make her some Messy Bun Hats.

Can I just say, UGH!!

I didn't want to get into this whole trend.  It sort of makes me crazy looking at all these hats with hair hanging out of a hole on top.  Still, for $30, I could hardly say no, especially since I wouldn't have to purchase a lot of yarn to make them having quite a bit of stash yarn on hand.

Thankfully, there are several free patterns available on Ravelry. A few that are amazing (and also being made by me). These are done by Celina Lane of Simply Collectible Crochet. These work up fast and look fantastic!

I am sort of tired of messy bun hats right now though so I'm working intermittently on some World's Simplest Mitts from TinCan Knits, and the Plaid Slouchy hat from Whistle and Ivy.

TinCan Knits is running a Hack-a-Thon right now.  The rule is you take a TCK pattern and hack it in some way. I am making the mittens with two colors of wool on each one, instead of making them the same color. I lost the cuff of the first mitten I had been working on, after cleaning up and 'organizing' things. I put it in a container to keep it safe so I could finish this blanket I've been working on for about a century. I managed to finish the piecework, but now need to put it all together and do the edging. It's a three color corner to corner blanket and I want to put the squares together about as much as I'd like to get shot.

Well, I'm going to work on hacking my mittens... I hope you all have a great weekend and Keep on Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment